A new study shows that members of Congress speak like High School Sophomores.
Lee Drutman, a political scientist at The Sunlight Foundation, took all speech from the Congressional Record since 1990 and ran it through an algorithm that uses the length of words and sentences to determine the grade level of congressional discourse. ”We just kind of did it for fun, and I was kind of shocked when I plotted that data and I saw that, oh my God, there’s been a real drop-off in the last several years,” he says.
Of the 10 members speaking at the lowest grade level, all but two are freshmen, and every one is a Republican.
Tagged as: Politics. News. Congress. English. language. Democrats. Republicans. Politicians.
- ericintl reblogged this from rcabbasi
- thesecularsoup reblogged this from secretaryofswagriculture
- thefuckingauditorium reblogged this from weaseltotheface
- thefuckingauditorium likes this
- susabei reblogged this from weaseltotheface and added:
- cosima-niehaus reblogged this from weaseltotheface
- mind-crayon reblogged this from weaseltotheface
- weaseltotheface reblogged this from secretaryofswagriculture
- secretaryofswagriculture reblogged this from rcabbasi
- rcabbasi posted this