I go back to school tomorrow.
I’m dreading it more than I can describe, so I need to convince myself that I’ve had a productive summer. Look at all the things you did, RC:
- Spent a month in Lahore
- Interned at the Office of Metropolitan Design
- Worked as an extra in Iron Man 3 for two nights in Wilmington
- Rented a cabin in the Shenandoah Valley for a weekend
- Finally went to tour Monticello
- Organized a mini-family reunion in Washington DC
- Worked part-time at The Urban Turban
- (Began to) learn South Asian cooking
- Started eating organic every day
- Got in the habit of hiking at least eight miles a week
So now when my social life crumbles, my sleep disappears, my weekends become consumed with studio work, and my diet becomes a steady stream of 3am trips to McDonalds and Cook Out, I have this list to look at and feel a little less shitty about my life. This has been a post.